If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (231) 723-4872

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Electrical fire in laundry room

During Michigan's colder months, it's not uncommon for pipes to freeze. In this situation, an electrical fire started while the homeowner was trying to thaw out a frozen pipe. Pictured on the left is the fire after it was put out. Pictured on the right is the affected area with the damages removed before re-construction. Luckily the fire was caught quickly and the fire department was able to extinguish it before major damage occurred. Never leave the area when using heat sources to thaw frozen pipes. For any concerns with frozen pipes, contact your local SERVPRO with any questions you may have!