Recent Commercial Posts

We can handle the big stuff

4/6/2020 (Permalink)

A local Manistee chain motel recently found out what happens when a main water line to its fire suppression system freezes and bursts. SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington, and Cadillac was called during the night when the front desk night manager noticed water pouring from the ceiling in one of the wings. The experts at SERVPRO quickly helped the quests relocate and started extracting water to begin the drying process. The wet insulation in the ceiling was removed, drywall cut, baseboards removed and some carpet pad removed. Most of the carpet was able to be dried in place. The motel was approved to remain open for guests after drying equipment was set, the fire suppression system was repaired and inspected, and containment built to isolate the affected rooms. With the quick response by the experts of SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington and Cadillac it kept any customers from having to find another place to spend the night.

There in a flash!

2/28/2020 (Permalink)

Last week SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington, and Cadillac was called to help a local Cadillac business when an adjacent building had a water pipe burst. SERVPRO was on site within an hour and the business was able to re-open the same day. Because of how quickly the water loss was discovered and mitigated, damage was confined to less than 25% of the showroom. SERVPRO set containment to separate the affected areas from the rest of the building, extracted the water, moved and blocked wet contents, and set drying equipment. Within 3 days the experts at SERVPRO were able to remove all the drying equipment and start the restoration process. SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington and Cadillac always here to help our community in their time of need. 

Back to school early!

2/17/2020 (Permalink)

There is never a good time for a fire. SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington, and Cadillac recently was called to a local Reed City school over Christmas break. A contractor was stripping and refinishing the gym floor when the cleaning rags self-combusted causing smoke damage to the gym, locker rooms, halls, and cafeteria. While this was a very large loss SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington, and Cadillac was able to partner with our sister franchises in Grand Rapids to get enough crews on site to work multiple shifts and complete the cleanup in 4 days. School was able to open on schedule after New Year’s Day and no time was missed. SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington and Cadillac always here to help make it "Like it never even happened."

Furniture store fire

2/14/2020 (Permalink)

SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington, and Cadillac recently helped a local Mason County furniture store after a major fire in their warehouse.  When the attached warehouse caught fire, it not only damaged the building and stored contents but also filled the sales floor with smoke and odor. SERVPRO had a crew on site within an hour setting containment between the buildings and allowing cleaning to begin. Within 3 days, the main store was able to open for customers while SERVPRO worked on the warehouse. All contents were removed, the structure was cleaned by blasting with baking soda and all surfaces were HEPA vacuumed and sealed with an oil based paint. After final Ozone deodorization and replacement of the overhead doors, the structure was ready to be used. SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington and Cadillac was able to help get this local small business up and running in just a few days which is critical for cash flow.