If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (231) 723-4872

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Differences in commercial and residential losses

8/4/2021 (Permalink)

This series of blogs will show the differences in commercial and residential losses. Often large commercial losses involve leaving western Michigan and even the state. Each state has different rules on licensing. For example, Michigan has no rules on mold remediation, but most states do. Similar rule differences apply to asbestos remediation, getting permits for demolition and reconstruction, and even getting work. In many states it is illegal to knock on a door and offer your services (even if water is squirting out of the house or the roof is gone). A solicitation license is required. These rules get more confusing as individual states temporarily waive licensing rules during disasters. Call the experts at SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington, and Cadillac at 877-350-4872 to be sure the legal rules are being followed for crews working on your business.

Other News

View Recent Posts