Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold is rarely an emergency situation. It takes 48-72 hours for mold to germinate and another week or more for it to become visible. This means by the time you notice the growth, the mold problem has been ongoing for weeks or more. When you do notice it, give the experts at SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington, and Cadillac a call for help determine the steps you need to take to prevent the spread of the mold or to mitigate the health effects to you or your family.
The first step always involves finding and addressing the source of moisture because you cannot have a mold problem without first having a water problem. You never want to address a mold problem without being sure that you have first fixed the water issue or the mold will return. Mold amplification causes the greatest danger to the four “at risk” groups: very young, very old, very sick, or pregnant women. These groups usually have compromised, undeveloped, or breaking down immune systems and pregnant women should not be around anything that can affect the immune system.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (231) 723-4872
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington and Cadillac for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Manistee, Ludington and Cadillac has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Reed City
- Bear Lake